Our curling schedule and format:
- Days & Game Times: Monday’s at 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM, Wednesday afternoon’s at 1:15 PM
- Length of Games: 8 ends or buzzer, whichever occurs first
- Number of regular games: Usually 21 games
- Format: Afternoons: Divide into two divisions for 3 rounds Monday Morning: Full round robin, divide into A/B playoffs
- Season: Mid September to Mid March
- No Curling: Long weekend Mondays, Christmas break & Bonspiels (Interclub, St. Nick’s and Open)
- Awards: Cash prizes for 1st to 4th place in all divisions each day
- Full Time Curlers: Players who curl full-time on a team, can play on one or both days. Curlers who only curl one day a week are allowed to spare in the other divisions at no additional charge and can play any position.
- Share Position: Players who would like to share a position on a team
- 5th and/or 6th Players: 5th and/or 6th member of the team, can rotate in at any position at any time.
- Tier I Curlers (Formally called Rover): These members must be contacted first when a team needs a substitute and can play any position.
- Tier II Curlers (Formally called Spare): These members can be contacted if none of the Tier I curlers are available and may only play lead or second.
- Social Members: These members will be invited to all social activities and events (event fees will apply)
- Full Time Curlers: $220.00 for 1 division / $380.00 for 2 divisions / $570.00 for all 3 divisions
- Share Position (two player’s sharing a spot): $110.00/person/division
- 5th or 6th Players: (full team members): $80.00 per division
- Tier I (Formally Rover): (may play any position) 50% of full time curler fees
- Tier II (Formally Spare): (may play lead or second) $20.00 for 2 division/ $30.00 for 3 divisions
- Social Members: No Charge
How do we communicate with members?
- Website: for schedules, standings, events, bonspiels, other news
- Locker Room: schedules, standings, events
- Newsletter: 3/year
- E-mail: important reminders sent out on a timely basis
- Member Meetings: two per year, Fall and Spring
Where do we curl?
Calgary Curling Club
720-3rd St. NW, Calgary
- 8 sheets of great ice,
- Women’s Locker & Change Room – Lockers rent for $30.00/ year
- Main level restaurant & viewing area,
- Upper level lounge/banquet/viewing area
- Curlers Corner (main level)- Your one stop shop for all curling supplies, equipment and gifts
More fun with our Special Events
We have many special events throughout the year, we encourage all members to participate in these fun and social activities:
- Banquets: 3/year (Fall, Christmas, Awards) held in the early evening. Tickets are $22.00 with a full course meal, door prizes, cash bar and more!
- Annual Turkey Shoot: held after curling normally with the Christmas Banquet to follow,
- Coffee Parties: usually 2/year to honor members advancing to Provincial and National Championships
- Golf Day & Luncheon – held in early June